Prayer Network Newsletter
Scripture for September: “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works. 15 Speak these things, exhort, and rebuke with all authority.” Titus 2:11-15
Director’s Message for September: My burden this month is that we pray diligently for doctrinally-rich discipleship to once more become a hallmark of our church. In Paul’s “pastoral epistle” to Titus we find the charge to “speak, exhort, and rebuke” authoritatively based on the glorious truths of the Gospel. Just look at the richness of the passage quoted above (verses 11-14). Here we find that . . .
- Jesus is God.
- He came to earth to die for all.
- His blood-bought grace alone can save.
- In Christ we can and should live holy now.
- He redeemed us to do good works passionately.
- Our Lord and Savior is coming back for us.
- We should be looking expectantly for that glorious day.
It is good to break meaty passages like this into discrete truths for purposes of teaching, preaching, counseling, etc. But we may also do the same for the purpose of praying intentionally that the basic truths of Scripture will find a central place in every activity of our churches and in the hearts and minds of all our people—regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, or educational level. Will you help me?
Daily Prayer Emphases for June:
- SUNDAY – Pray for a fuller understanding of the divinity of Jesus and the nature of the Trinity.
- MONDAY – Pray for a more sure and practical embrace of the truth that Jesus offers salvation to every person—no matter how heinous their sin.
- TUESDAY – Pray for a total reliance on His grace instead of our efforts.
- WEDNESDAY – Pray for teaching that we should “deny ungodliness and worldly lusts” and that “we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age” to permeate every ministry venue in our churches.
- THURSDAY – Pray for a fresh wind of zeal to do Kingdom work to blow through our churches.
- FRIDAY – Pray for a keener awareness among us that Jesus is coming back and that “this world is not our home.”
- SATURDAY – Pray for our people to learn the joy of greeting one another with “Maranatha!”