Prayer Network Newsletter
Director’s Message for May: Just the other day I came across this thought-provoking remark by Leonard Ravenhill: “A sinning man stops praying; a praying man stops sinning.” This brought to mind something I once heard an old preacher say: “The one place you’ll never backslide is on your knees in prayer.” Then I reflected on the times I have gotten into trouble—when I have fallen into some sin of commission or omission—and realized that it was usually when I was so busy—busy with good things, with ministry things, mind you—that I let up in my prayer life. Is this your testimony too? More importantly, is it your condition right now? As Noel Brooks reminded us, “A sanctified man is still a man, and a sanctified woman is still a woman.” The sin nature—that root of rebellion against God—was eradicated at sanctification, but there is still that human nature to bring and keep under godly control. Prayer warriors—even sanctified intercessors like you and me—are still human beings. We cannot afford to allow the flame of prayer to burn dim in our lives. Since “the prayer of a righteous man avails much,” there is more on the line than our personal spiritual condition: Others could be lost if we don’t pray.
Daily Prayer Emphases for May:
- SUNDAY – Pray that a hunger will arise in our churches to experience the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as “power to witness.”
- MONDAY – Pray for a record number of workers and campers to plan now to be part of Camp Dayspring.
- TUESDAY – Pray for the Lord to direct and empower our Cornerstone Conference officials as they lead us forward in “Kingdom Expansion” through church revitalization, planting, & adoption.
- WEDNESDAY – Pray that every church in our conference will heed the call of Isaiah 54:2: “Enlarge the place of your tent, and . . . stretch out the curtains of your dwellings; do not spare; lengthen the cords, and strengthen the stakes.” Furthermore, pray that the IPHC’s Seven Core Values will be proclaimed in word and deed through every ministry of our churches and our conference.
- THURSDAY – Pray for the Lord’s will to be done through our upcoming General Conference in Dallas.
- FRIDAY – Pray for a miracle for the United States—that President Obama, the Supreme Court, and the members of Congress will prove to be friends of Israel, the innocent, and the institution of marriage.
- SATURDAY – Pray for a strong completion of our Passover to Pentecost Fast through May 19th and for first-fruits evidence by the end of this month that increased numbers of Spirit-filled, fire-baptized workers are flooding into the harvest field.
Suggestion: You may want to print this newsletter, fold it in half, & then use it as a page marker as you pray your way through the 2013 IPHC Link Prayer Guide.