Welcome to Pastoral Care and Counseling!
Please visit our Pastoral Care and Counseling Pages:
Why We Exist
The Cornerstone Conference Department of Pastoral Care and Counseling exists to provide Pastoral Care and Counseling to the ministerial members of the conference, their spouses, and children in the following manner:
1. Upon request, the Department of Pastoral Care and Counseling will provide confidential counseling and/or referral services to ministers and their families.
2. Provide information, guidance, and support to pastors facing situations in ministry which may require counseling.
3. Provide support to ministers, minister’s spouses, and their families in times of serious health crisis.
4. Provide support to the bereaved spouse of a deceased minister.
5. Make available resources for training in the areas of pastoral care, crisis prevention and intervention, grief and loss, through personal contact and sharing, the Biblical Minister’s Institute, books, videos, retreats, and seminars.
6. Place information on the conference website regarding Pastoral Care services and who to contact when needed.
Reconciliation & Restoration
While we recognize the Pastoral Care and Counseling Department is not involved in the administrative and disciplinary aspects of the restoration process of a fallen minister, we do, however, recommend the following:
The Department of Pastoral Care and Counseling will be involved in the reconciliation, restoration, and healing of a fallen minister.
The Department of Pastoral Care and Counseling will work, subject to and in conjunction with the Conference Executive Council, to bring the fallen minister to full restoration, reconciliation, and healing to God, himself, and the Cornerstone Conference through the following services: (a) Personal Counseling, (b) Systematic updates and communication to the Conference Executive Council regarding the progress of the minister, (c) Recommendations to the Conference Executive Council regarding restoration of the minister.
The Department of Pastoral Care and Counseling will work in conjunction with the Conference Superintendent to provide effective support and accountability structures to ministers of the Cornerstone Conference.
Referrals & Resources
Please use the links above to explore various referrals & resources made available to you through this website. We will recommend books, articles, links, ect. on a variety of subjects you are most likely to encounter in pastoral ministry.
Our Department of Pastoral Care and Counseling Ministry Council: Darrell Greene, Myron Bruce, Lana Gilliam, Rick Haug, Michael Haynes, Tena Lester and David Richardson, Jr.
The Council will organize and administrate the Department of Pastoral Care and Counseling Ministry. They will meet at least quarterly to conduct the business of the department. Additionally, the Council will serve as personal resources-particularly for the area of their location. They will make themselves available to assist you in whatever way possible.
If you would like more information about the Department of Pastoral Care and Counseling Ministry or to schedule a session, please contact our PCCM Director, Darrell Greene.