PASSPORT to MISSIONS
January 13-17, 2014
Cornerstone Conference Ministry Center
Browns Summit, NC
World Missions Ministries presents Passport to Missions!
Come and spend one week learning the foundations of World Missions including the process for becoming a missionary with World Missions Ministries. We will start with a Biblical basis, a look at the Great Commission and the challenge of evangelism, church planting, discipleship and leadership development.
You will be introduced to the major worldwide challenges facing the Church such as world religions, unreached peoples, restricted access countries, persecution, illiteracy, hunger, disease, and many other topics all in a context of ministering crossculturally.
Questions will be answered such as; What is a missionary? What exactly does a missionary do? Where are missionaries needed? How much does it cost? Where do I start? Members of the World Missions Ministries staff along with veteran missionaries will be sharing their expertise with the class. In addition there will be visits to local ethnic restaurants, a Hindu Temple and a Moslem Mosque. This class is designed for those who have a serious interest in learning about the challenge of world missions and how to be part of the solution. For some it could be serving as a local church mission director or, for others, it could mean becoming a missionary.
Classes will be held at the Cornerstone Conference Ministry Center in Browns Summit, NC.
Foundations of World Missions
- Arrive Sunday evening, January 12
- Classes will be held 8:30 am – 4:00 pm Monday ‐ Friday
- Meals begin with breakfast at 7:30 am on Monday, January 13 and conclude with lunch on Friday, January 17
- The book required for this class is titled; Introducing World Missions written by Moreau, Corwin, and McGee.
- Housing will be provided on campus. There will be a planned activity on Tuesday and Thursday evening.
Items You Should Bring:
- All toiletries.
- Laptop or iPad.
- Sheets, blankets, pillows, bath towels/cloths
- Lounge/Common Area
- Washer/Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Cost Breakdown (per person based on two people per room)
- Registration: $75
- Food & Housing: $125
- Total: $200 per person
- Books will cost approximately $30
You will be responsible to order and read the book in advance. (Married couples may share a textbook)
*Students are responsible for the costs of Transportation to and from Passport*
For more information, please contact our World Missions Director here.